Monday, August 15, 2016

Creative Spot by Mahendra (Speedy) Gonsalkorale

Ayubowan wasanawan Goodnight  Irene Fusion


A song after a long time.

This is my first attempt at "Fusion" - blending of an English song with a Sinhalese song.

The songs are the timeless American folk song Goodnight Irene and the Sinhalese song Ayubowan Wasanawan, sung by Indrani Wijebandara Senaratne, so much in evidence at Weddings in the good old days.

To keep it within a sensible duration, I had to just do clips from both songs. I added a Tabla beat to the Sinhalese section.

Hope you like it.


Speedy.







7 comments:

  1. I listened to this on you tube as the transmission here failed. It is fabulous for more than one reason. For one thing, it is a very good rendition and then it is song from our childhood. We must have all tried to sing it at parties and school trips! Well done to you! Keep giving us these golden oldies! Rita (There goes Autocorrect, beating me to it. Anyway you know who I am. I prefer Rita to Zika!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z/R/N???
      What about SITA or EVITA????

      Delete
    2. If you say so, Razaque. I would really like to be Evita.(Hope it is ok to comment after several months! I followed Mahendra's advice and started 'flipping through' the pages of our Blog.

      Delete
  2. It is a great piece of music beautifully sung. I like the arrangement. You make the Tyros 5 sound like a wonderful Sophisticated band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raz,--- your 'Substantial Friend'August 16, 2016 at 6:36 AM

    Mahen,
    Music is for the EAR, SOUL(not so much for AHH....),& for wellbeing. Your music is brilliantly complied & sung.
    The only organ I can play is ... you know what!!.
    If anyone wants to clear the audience, pay me to sing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you all for your lovely comments. Feedback, good or bad, is what I like. As for organs and Raz, not sure what to say to someone whose knowledge on these matters appears to be substantially greater than mine!

    ReplyDelete