Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Buddhika Lamabadusuriya

It is with profound sadness that I record here the passing away of Buddhika, beloved wife of our friend and fellow 1962 entrant to the Colombo Medical Faculty Sanath Lamabadusuriya. Please see details and funeral arrangements in the obituary notice below.


LAMABADUSURIYA (nee EDIRIWICKREME) BUDDHIKA AMODANI. Beloved wife of Sanath, loving mother of Shamin, Harshan and Dilusha, mother-in-law of Michelle and Upul, daughter of the late Romie and Nita Ediriwickrema, sister of Kumar, Ransi and Janani, passed away peacefully after a prolonged illness. Cortege leaves residence at 4.00 p.m. on Friday 29th of November. Cremation at 5.00 p.m. at General Cemetery Kanatte (Borella). 38 A, Nawala Road, Nugegoda.         - See more at: http://www.dailynews.lk/obituaries#sthash.ktpnRoqq.dpuf

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sanath and family,
    I so dreaded hearing this news. I receive it with profound sadness. I cannot think what I can say that will make it easier for you. But please know that at this moment I just want to remember the wonderful memories of Buddhika I have of our time in Galle when I met you both with your family and all the other times we met under sad or happy circumstances and I want you know that my thoughts are with you now and in the days to follow. Let us just remember what a wonderful person she is. I refuse to think in the past tense.
    With lots of love from
    Zita

    ReplyDelete